Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Goodbye and Merry Christmas from Fjordman

Fjordman will now close this blog. It will still be possible to post comments at this blog for another couple of weeks, but from early January 2006, there will be no more activity here. The old posts will still be here for reference, of course. For the most part, Fjordman will be quiet. However, I will still occasionally post comments at LittleGreenFotballs or Jihad Watch. Every now and then, when I have the time and want to write about some topic, this will be posted at other blogs such as the Gates of Vienna, and offered to Faith Freedom International and the Brussels Journal.

A list of most of my published essays can be found here.

In addition to these blogs and websites, which should all be known to most of my readers, you can follow my blog roll to find more blogs and news. Western Resistance should be read every day, as should the Internet Haganah. I also like The Adventuress and Brucebawer.com. EU Referendum is an excellent blog about the Eurabian Union, as well as EU Serfs and Free Europe. You can also get news directly from the EU Observer, EurActiv and EU Business. Good European blogs include Zacht Ei, Davids Medienkritik, Klein Verzet and No Pasaran!

From Scandinavia, Aftenposten has English news from Norway, The Local from Sweden, the Copenhagen Post from Denmark (but after a couple of days, news at the CP will enter the pay section of the archives, so do copy anything interesting). Watch is excellent at covering news about the War on Terror, also outside Scandinavia. Stockholm Spectator, Munkhammar.org and Simulev are interesting from Sweden as is Enough! from Denmark and Tundra Tabloids from Finland. Sappho, Agora and Viking Observer from Denmark and Human Rights Service from Norway are excellent.

Of blogs in Scandinavian languages, I like Uriasposten, Angantyrs hjørne, Polemiken and Filtrat in particular from Denmark. Danske øjne på svenske forhold is invaluable about Swedish affairs, and Jihad i Malmø, and Dick Erixon should be mentioned.

In Norway, Document.no is the best of them all, and Hablog one of my personal favorites. Shabana Rehman, Replikk, VamPus, Typisk Tor Andre and Morbus Norvegicus should be mentioned. AntiPsykopatisk Senter is a hard hitting, but relevant forum in Norwegian about Islam. FOMI.nu and Sharia.dk are interesting, too.

I wish all my readers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Thanks for reading my blog, and all the best for your future.

23 Comments:

At December 21, 2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Jason Pappas said...

Best wishes. You have done a suburb job that, I’m sure, will inspire others. Above all, have Merry Christmas!

 
At December 21, 2005 4:30 PM, Blogger Oscar in Kansas said...

I know I'll miss you and hope you come back to the blogosphere often. You are a valued member of the blogging community and we will all miss your insights.

You are always welcome at th groups blog Infidel Bloggers Alliance. The couple from Gates of Vienna, Pastorius, J from Justigy This!, myself and several others post there. Drop one of us an email and we can post your thoughts. I'm sure one of them can give you a login if you wish. Don't be shy.

If you are ever in the States try to let us know. I'd be glad to buy you an oversized American meal and more than a few drinks. And I am sure I am not alone. You could probably tour the country by visiting fellow bloggers.

Don't be a stranger. Let us know how you're doing once in a while. You know how we worry.

Have a Merry Christmas, my friend. Stay safe. God bless.

 
At December 21, 2005 7:15 PM, Blogger Engineer-Poet said...

Farewell and good luck.

 
At December 21, 2005 7:22 PM, Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Fjordman, good-bye and thank you; I gave you a farewell at Gates of Vienna. You can send us material to post at any time.

 
At December 21, 2005 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Jul og Godt Nyttår Fjordman. I feel as though I'm saying goodbye to a friend I've never met. I'll be looking forward to seeing your occasional posts on other blogs. All the best!

 
At December 21, 2005 11:34 PM, Blogger Epaminondas said...

Very unhappy to see you go.

Please post ocasionally at IBA, at least

 
At December 22, 2005 12:20 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Fjordman, you saved my ass on the blogs more than once! I loved your blog and wish you the best.

You are a true advocate of tolerance, diversity, and democracy and hope you will continue to use your talents to spread your message online.

Its people like you that allowed liberals like myself to break free of my post-colinist guilt and stop forgiving democide.

Kudos Fjordman, I wish you the best!

 
At December 22, 2005 12:24 AM, Blogger Ocean Guy said...

Your blog will be missed... Lets' hope we see a bit from you elsewhere.

 
At December 22, 2005 12:29 AM, Blogger Eleanor © said...

Good bye and God Bless. Best wishes. I have enjoyed your astute analysis and hope to find you ofte at other spots on the web.

 
At December 22, 2005 1:12 AM, Blogger truepeers said...

Merry Christmas Fjordman and Congratulations on a task well done. Best wishes on future endeavors; I'm sure we'll be seeing you somewhere around.

 
At December 22, 2005 10:12 AM, Blogger Bobby Coggins said...

Merry Christmas! Your posts have been eagarly read since I followed links to your blog, and you will be missed. Thank You for your efforts and God Bless.

Bobby

 
At December 22, 2005 2:59 PM, Blogger ElCid2004 said...

Thanks for telling the truth.

 
At December 22, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger simulev said...

Thanks for everything, and Happy christmukkah Fjordman ;)
Sometimes you can find me here also at P/CP debating with the troops of the land of the (still) free. =)

 
At December 23, 2005 2:25 PM, Blogger CR said...

Very good blog. Your ideas and views will be missed. Will try following you on other blogs. Best of luck.

 
At December 23, 2005 5:47 PM, Blogger chaoticsynapticactivity said...

Thank you for your insightful documentation and critical analysis. I have tremendously enjoyed the straight forward commentary here.

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you!

 
At December 24, 2005 12:36 AM, Blogger mts said...

Farewell to you from your blog Fjordman, but not goodbye. I read Gates of Vienna and LGF faithfully, and look forward to your insightful, well researched, and well thought out articles on those media. Best wishes to you in your next phase of writing, and Merry Christmas. God bless.

 
At December 25, 2005 3:28 AM, Blogger Dennis Dale said...

Thank you for the blog. Keep raising your voice, wherever you go.

 
At December 25, 2005 4:53 AM, Blogger Tim G, said...

Sorry to see you go...I've always enjoyed your work.

 
At December 26, 2005 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fjordman, your entries were always captivating. As a reader, I greatly appreciate your work and effort in maintaining a blog. I hope you share more with us in the future. Good luck to you.

 
At December 28, 2005 5:38 AM, Blogger GunJam said...

Goodbye, fjordman! You are truly one of the GREAT bloggers! I pray that you will someday return -- whether as fjordman or as some new "persona" -- to continue the anti-jihad crusade! God's blessings. -- gunjam

 
At January 01, 2006 6:36 AM, Blogger Asher Abrams said...

Fjordman, sorry to see you go. I will miss your blog. Look forward to reading your comments - please continue posting as you are able.

Happy New Year!

 
At January 04, 2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Nora (LV) said...

I am very sorry. But mostly because of the tons of information that are going to be missed just because this blog won't be active.

Thanks for the time you gave to the blogosphere.

And good luck.

 
At January 05, 2006 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for many kind words. It's nice to see that so many people have found my blog worth reading.

I will now close the comments option, which means that there will no longer be any activity at all going on at this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home